Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information" means "personal information" as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"). Personal information" means information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc., or that contains a personal identification code, as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the "Act").
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
We may request personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number when a user registers for use. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including the user's personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as "partners") will be used by our partners to provide the user with the service. Hereinafter referred to as "partners"). The information may be collected from our partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as "partners").
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows.
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including to confirm the identity of the user)
- To send you information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service you are using, as well as information on other services provided by the Company.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To identify users who violate the Terms of Service or who attempt to use the service for illegal or unjust purposes, and to refuse their use of the service.
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- We will change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the user or publicly announce on this website the purpose of use after the change by the method prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of the affairs in question
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use must include provision to a third party
- Items of data provided to third parties
- Means or methods of providing to third parties
- Suspension of providing personal information to third parties upon the individual's request
- Methods for accepting the individual's requests
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- Cases in which personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and in which this fact, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the person using the information, and the name of the person responsible for managing the personal information are notified to the person in advance or are made readily available to the person.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When requested by the individual to disclose personal information, the Company shall promptly disclose it to the individual. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following cases, the Company may not disclose all or part of it and shall promptly notify the individual of the decision. A fee of 1,000 yen per case will be charged for the disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
- When there is a risk of significantly hindering the proper implementation of the Company's business
- When it would violate the law or other regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information, such as history information and characteristic information, will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- Users may request the correction, addition, or deletion (hereinafter referred to as "correction, etc.") of their own personal information held by the Company if it is found to be incorrect.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to a request for correction, etc. from a user, the Company will promptly carry out the correction, etc. of the personal information.
- If the Company has carried out correction, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph or has decided not to carry out correction, etc., the Company will promptly notify the user of this.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information)
- If requested by the individual, the Company will promptly conduct the necessary investigation if the individual claims that personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or has been acquired by fraudulent means.
- Based on the investigation results of the preceding paragraph, if it is determined that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will promptly suspend or delete the use of the relevant personal information.
- If the Company has carried out the suspension of use, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or has decided not to do so, the Company will promptly notify the user of this.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, if it is difficult to suspend the use, etc. of the personal information due to a large cost or other reasons, and there is an alternative measure that is necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, the Company will take the alternative measure.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.